Archive for February 2009
I wrote this “post” before I even started my blog! I was debating on writing (which I do now SO infrequently anyway), and I started a list of topics that I titled “Musings for a Blog.” So this one was written about 9 months ago, and is quite true. I suppose when people asked me “What do you DO all day?” when I was home on maternity leave, or when some think “How is it that stay-at-home moms don’t seem to have time to do certain things?”, here is a small snapshot of an answer:
Why it takes 45 minutes to eat 8 oz of yogurt
- 9:30 remove yogurt lid
- Realize 2 ½ year old probably needs to use potty
- Run to potty
- Wait till she goes pee and poo poo
- Clean up potty chair
- Help wash hands
- Realize 6-mo-old has pooped
- Take her out of walker, see poop all up her back
- Take baby upstairs to change and put down for nap
- Begin changing, poop all over!
- Not comfortable with “cleaning” her with wipes
- Run bath water
- Find new outfit
- Run to other room where the clean folded laundry is (and hasn’t yet been put away) to find the matching pants to the onesie.
- Give baby bath
- Dress baby
- Put down for nap
- Take previously worn onesie and clean it out in laundry tub
- Separately bag the offending diaper and multiple wipes and throw in laundry room
- 10:15 sit back down to lukewarm yogurt.