Resolutions to Keep
Posted January 4, 2009on:
Do you keep your New Year’s Resolutions?
Do you even make them?
Of course, we all want to save more money, eat healthier, and DE-CLUTTER! We want more “me” time and “girlfriend time” and to read more. But will it really happen?? I hate putting qualifiers on these things that we really WANT to do, and then if we haven’t had a girls’ night out in the last few months, feel like it’s a chore just to schedule in order to fit it in under our pre-defined resolution timeframe. It defeats the whole purpose. Who are we to fool ourselves year after year. I mean, why should THIS year be any different??
So I’ve decided to come up with some resolutions I can stick with. Here goes:
- I resolve to continue checking Facebook and collecting friends.
- I resolve to devise a budget and save money continue wandering aimlessly through Target, buying the essentials, like matching holiday shirts for my girls, or the super-cute hat or fabulous beach bag.
- I resolve to keep my house clean maybe hire a cleaning service.
- I resolve to turn off the computer! Wait . . . what? Maybe not.
- I resolve to be more active and work out run, but only to my car when it’s raining, or if someone is chasing me.
- I resolve to eat healthy, as long as daily indulgences are OK, like ice cream after dinner, or chocolate chip cookie snacks.
So it looks like another banner year is ahead! And this way, I’ll be able to easily keep my resolutions and avoid the nagging guilt.
Hooray for 2009!!
What are you doing differently this year?